This is a contract position that ends on December 30, 2016. If the data migration is completed accurately and sooner than the performance deadline, a bonus incentive is provided. This job opportunity must be performed onsite at the EDC office.
The Eviction Defense Collaborative (EDC) provides legal assistance and advocacy to low-income and indigent tenants in San Francisco who are being evicted. We assist by educating tenants about the legal process, advising them of their options, drafting responsive legal documents, providing referrals to assist them in fighting their evictions, negotiating legal settlements, and representing clients at court hearings and at trial. The EDC also administers one-time rental assistance grants and loans through our RADCo Program to help tenants who are behind in their rent to pay the rent and stay in their homes. The work at the EDC is made possible by a small staff and many volunteers from local schools and the community. The work environment at the EDC is collegial, rather than having a rigid hierarchy of job positions, and we work as a team to assist the tenants who seek our help. Please see our website, www.evictiondefense.org for more information.
• Typing minimum 65 WPM (please provide your Typing Test results from www.typingtest.com)
• Organize data provided in Excel, this will include removing duplicates, correcting spelling errors, formatting cells to match upload requirements.
• Simplify data from multiple highly complex and logic based spreadsheets
• Must be able to use Excel Formats, Filters, standard formulas, preferred Macros user.
• Track and Organize many layers of data and information spanning many years of activities.
• Collaborate with staff and consultants to understand the source of data, to where it will be migrating, and how the data will be used after it is uploaded into the system.
• Ensure clean data is uploaded into the new system, prevent duplicates, spelling errors and outdated information.
• Researching data and information for accuracy
• A high level of Microsoft Office Suite expertise, especially Excel
• Type 65 WMP or better
• 10-Key expertise
• Data Entry and Cleaning experience
• Administrative background preferred
• Experience preparing data for a database transfer in the past
• Open to collaboration and willing to ask questions
• Skilled in understanding complex data systems
Send resume, TypingTes.com Results, and cover letter to:
Eviction Defense Collaborative
1338 Mission Street, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
or AS ATTACHMENTS to:
We are strongly committed to diversity and encourage applications from anyone who can contribute to making the Eviction Defense Collaborative a more diverse community. Open to candidates who are nonviolent offenders, veterans, or retirees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The Eviction Defense Collaborative believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity, and the agency is committed to not discriminating on any basis prohibited by applicable law.