The Eviction Defense Collaborative (EDC) is seeking a 1.0 FTE Development Coordinator to support multiple homelessness prevention strategies. This position offers the unique opportunity to be at the heart of an organization with a mission of preventing homelessness, preserving affordable housing, and protecting the diversity of San Francisco.
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for creating, implementing and supporting opportunities to generate relationships with individual and corporate donors (including community businesses) as well as foundations on behalf of the EDC for both fiscal and mission driven objectives. The position will work closely with the EDC Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and coordinate volunteers for development and the agency as a whole. The position will further engage in community relations (including outreach and advocacy) including work on multiple communication strategies.
- Initiating and fostering relationships with potential donors and donor opportunities
- Coordinating volunteer program needs with Volunteer Coordinator,
- Various administrative work essential to the operation of the EDC office or its teams.
- Collaboratively recruiting volunteers for development and beyond.
- Supporting outreach efforts at law schools, universities, community organizations, and other volunteer or pro bono events to recruit new volunteers.
- Working with attorneys, rental assistance coordinators, other EDC staff and board members to identify program needs and gauge opportunities for development.
- Supporting advocacy projects to accomplish initiatives of EDC
- Initiating, supporting and pursuing communication strategies (including social media) to forward the mission of the EDC.
- Prior experience recruiting, training, supervising, and assisting volunteers strongly desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and to assisting diverse, low-income and/or disadvantaged communities highly preferred.
- Legal experience or knowledge of landlord-tenant law a plus.
- Be well-organized, highly motivated, creative, and enthusiastic about EDC’s mission and services.
- Prior experience in development and previous fundraising highly preferred.
- Able to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have knowledge and experience with the EDC’s practices and culture.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; computer literate.
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple competing deadlines simultaneously.
- Facility in Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or other second language also a plus.
$45,000 – $50,000 (DOE) – plus benefits. This position is exempt from overtime laws.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Eviction Defense Collaborative
1338 Mission Street, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
We are strongly committed to diversity and encourage applications from people who can contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The Eviction Defense Collaborative believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law.