There are many ways that you can support the Eviction Defense Collaborative, but the easiest and most immediate is to give online through this Web site.
Sign up for Updates
Here are just a few of the reasons to support the EDC:
- We make the most of your contributions: 96% of our budget goes to our services.
- Our legal clinic assists over 2,500 families a year.
- Our rental assistance program helps over 600 families a year.
- Our Coming to Agreement program is extremely successful: 80% of the families assisted created a binding agreement with their landlord and avoided going to trial.
- We prevent homelessness: Eviction is a leading cause of homelessness.
- We preserve affordable housing: Maintaining low-income families in their below-market-rent homes is the most cost-effective affordable housing strategy.
- We encourage diversity: San Francisco is a better, more dignified city when people from diverse backgrounds, including the disabled, the working poor, minorities, and low income families can afford to keep the City their home.
- Everyone deserves equal access to the justice system: We make that happen.
- Our clients are satisfied:
- 98% of respondents say our counselors explained their legal options effectively.
- 99% of respondents say they understood our settlement conference preparatory workshop well.
- 93% of respondents rated the speed at which they were able to meet with a counselor as “excellent.”
There are many ways to support us:
You may also make a donation or pledge in honor of or in memory of a family member or a friend.