If you are behind in your rent, you may be able to avoid having an eviction filed against you. Our Rental Assistance Disbursement Component (RADCo) provides interest-free loans and grants to tenants residing in the City and County of San Francisco who have fallen behind in their rent due to a temporary financial setback.
To qualify for rental assistance EDC staff must approve your application and you must meet the following criteria:
- You live in San Francisco and are not a Housing Authority tenant.
- Your household has sufficient income to pay your future rent and expenses.
- You plan to stay in your home for at least six months.
Note: You do not have to have a three-day notice to qualify for help. Likewise, you may still be able to get help even if you have already been sued for eviction.
If you drop-in at our office, please be sure to bring the following documentation with you. This will speed up the application process, although we may request additional information depending on your situation:
- Proof of the amount of rent owed through the end of the current month.
- Proof of the regular amount of your monthly/weekly rent.
- Proof of how long you have lived in your home.
- Proof of total household income.
- Photo ID.
- Landlord’s name, address, and telephone number.
- Other items may be required on a case-by-case basis.
Please click here for more information on our hours and location.
Drop-in RADCo Clinic Hours
Monday – Wednesday, Friday
9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Closed in the afternoons except by appointment. To make an appointment, you must first come to our office during drop-in hours for an initial assessment.