If you are in an agreement (stipulation) that you need help paying, please contact RADCo:
CALL (415) 470-5211
Otherwise please reach out to us again after May 3rd or when the shelter in place is lifted.
If you are behind in your rent, you may be able to avoid having an eviction filed against you. Our Rental Assistance Disbursement Component (RADCo) provides interest-free loans and grants to tenants residing in the City and County of San Francisco who have fallen behind in their rent due to a temporary financial setback.
To qualify for rental assistance EDC staff must approve your application and you must meet the following criteria:
- You live in San Francisco and are not a Housing Authority tenant.
- Your household has sufficient income to pay your future rent and expenses.
- You plan to stay in your home for at least six months.
Note: You do not have to have a three-day notice to qualify for help. Likewise, you may still be able to get help even if you have already been sued for eviction.
If you drop-in at our office, please be sure to bring the following documentation with you. This will speed up the application process, although we may request additional information depending on your situation:
- Proof of the amount of rent owed through the end of the current month.
- Proof of the regular amount of your monthly/weekly rent.
- Proof of how long you have lived in your home.
- Proof of total household income.
- Photo ID.
- Landlord’s name, address, and telephone number.
- Other items may be required on a case-by-case basis.
For information about Legal Assistance, click here.